I’m sorry that my output’s been a little slow. I’ve just had no motivation to get anything done.
I did play around with Substance Painter for a while and I quite like it.
Had to uninstall it though because the 30 day trial was over.
So yeah, I guess you could call this an extended vacation. Don’t know when I’ll be able to get the motivation to start creating again.
Have fun and happy rendering!
2 Days after I posted the previous news item, I suffered a mild heart attack. I had 3 clogged arteries. one 100%, one about 40%, and the other about 50%. The hospital cleaned out the fully clogged artery and put a stent in. They’re hoping meds and healthy living will help clean out the others. Since I have no insurance, no job, etc. I have to pay for the whole thing.
This is in addition to trying to raise funds to move to Seattle. I’m almost ready to just give up and become a vegetable. Housing situation still hasn’t changed, so I’m still on hiatus.
I’m just so sick and tired of living in a rural town where I have no future. When I’ll return to making content is up in the air.
If you wish to help please consider donating. If you can’t, letting people know will help.
Have fun and happy rendering!
– Mistress Saeko
I’m going to be out of commission for a while. Housing situation has become unstable. As it is, I’m trying to raise funds to move me and my family to Seattle, Washington from rural South Georgia. If you can, please consider donating to the cause by clicking the donate button to your right. If you can’t getting the word out is just as good.
— Mistress Saeko
No releases today. But I do have a few items for Victoria 3 almost ready to go.
Been using DAZ Studio for a long time now and a few issues crop up. Figured I’d talk about them here.
When saving parametrically (legacy) rigged clothing in CR2 format, normal and displacement maps tend to not get saved. So, I wind up having to create material presets that include them (I blame the CR2 Exporter plugin which probably hasn’t seen an update since it was released). Minor annoyance, but an annoyance nonetheless.
Also, sometimes I have to technically “reset” the rendering engine because DS doesn’t seem to get “New Window” means an actual new window and decides to act as the “Spot Render” option.
Animation is a chore because of the limited tools. Even with the 2 extra plugins you can buy, all of it still doesn’t mesh well together. I’d be better off animating in Blender and then importing the BVHs.
I’ve been trying to import FBX files into DS with no success. FBX is a stupid format. It’s closed, proprietary, and documentation is sketchy at best. Even Autodesk’s specifications have gaps. I should add support for importing/exporting glTF to DS. It should hopefully replace FBX as the de facto standard for interchange formats.
Dynamics are still stuck in the ancient past. I’ve got the beginnings of adding bullet physics to DS, but it’s a chore due to my lack of programming skills. Other people have come forward with solutions, but they soon disappeared into the ether.
Didn’t expect the post to be this long.
I’ve been experiencing a creative block lately. I just can’t seem to come up with anything worthwhile. At least anything that my meager 3D modeling skills can handle.
Ah well. When the dam breaks, I’ll be furiously creating more content.
Well, She’s in DAZ Studio and rigged. Although there are some problems, which is probably an issue with the grouping. Her face has a tendency to move with her eyes.
As I want Poser users to enjoy using her, Tia’s rigging is not TriAx weightmapped but parametric (legacy). If people want to add weightmapping for their respective apps, go right ahead.
Any assistance in making her perfect is welcome (and possibly needed as I am really clueless when it comes to this stuff).
Okay, here’s the deal. I’m done making content for Genesis 2. I’m going to put most of my focus into content for Victoria 4, Terai Yuki 2, Ayana Doll, and maybe Aiko 3. Creating content for Genesis 2 is just too much of a hassle for me.
In other news, I’m enjoying playing with DAZ Studio’s iRay renderer. Still trying to learn the ins and outs of it, but it is an enlightening experience. It’s so much faster than the 3Delight renderer.
On the software front, all my projects have stalled because of my limited programming skills.
Yeah, sorry about the lack of activity. I’ve been bitten by the Final Fantasy XIV bug and still grinding away at TERA. Also been sick for the past few days. I’ve got new outfits in mind, but trying to figure out which figure I’m going to make them for is painful. I’ll try to get something soon.
I’ve been experimenting with Blender’s sewing tool lately. It’s pretty decent, but you can only do so much.
Now, I’ve heard of and played with Marvelous Designer for a bit, and man is it good.
But the high-price (for someone poor, like me. It makes me think they’re eventually going the way of Optitex) and general complaints about the licenses for stuff you create, has led me to start designing a free and open source alternative (which you can see the beginning of here).
This way, everything you would be able to create with it is yours to do with as you please, I just provide the tools.
Working on an item for the Genesis 2 Female.
As much as I would love to offer it as a free item; unfortunately, I’m going to have to put it up for sale as I need the money to get a new PC since this one is on its last legs.
As such, I’ll be putting up for sale on my DeviantArt account.